Assess GIS Data Readiness
Is your GIS data ready to replace the MSAG for 9-1-1 call routing?
Before you begin any project the first step is to assess your current position. All across public safety forums, speaking events, and conferences the following information is conveyed: Geographic Information Systems (GIS) data is a critical component of Next Generation 9-1-1 (NG9-1-1) and essential for location validation, call routing, call handling, call transfers, and emergency response. Today is the day to prepare your GIS data.
If you are trying to figure out where to start, it helps to know where you are. Assessing your readiness is the first step to knowing what to do. GeoComm approaches the assessment step by taking a complete look at your readiness status which includes:
- Educating the stakeholders (local, regional, and state level) about the process, project needs, and goals of the project
- Review existing GIS data schemas and GIS data standards
- Developing GIS data standards and data models (locally, at the regional, or state level)
- Analyzing existing local GIS data along with the MSAG and ALI database to map a path to Improve GIS Data
- Recommending improvement processes
GIS data integrity and readiness for 9-1-1 systems, especially NG9-1-1 systems, is our focus. By partnering with us, you will benefit from our recent experiences implementing state and regional GIS systems for NG9-1-1.
CONTACT US to start your GIS data assessment process