Congratulations to GeoComm Board of Directors Member, Paul Linnee on Receiving the Founder’s Award at the NENA 2018 Conference
The NENA Founder’s Award was established in 2011 by the NENA Executive Board to recognize those individuals who have made significant contributions to the development of NENA from its earliest days to the present.
|Paul at the NENA 2018 Conference|
Contribution to NENA and APCO
Throughout the years, service to industry organizations was an important element to Paul’s dedication to the 9-1-1 industry. Over the course of Paul’s career he:
- Served as a Minnesota NENA Chapter President
- Was an active member of Minnesota’s APCO chapter which included holding all of the chapter offices
- Served as the chapter delegate to APCO’s Executive Council
- Was a five year member of APCO International’s 9-1-1 Committee
- Was a member of NENA’s inaugural Emergency Number Professional (ENP) certification class in 1998
Achievement in the Public and Private Sectors
In addition to his involvement in industry associations, Paul has an extensive industry experience background including:
- Served as a police officer, fire fighter, public safety dispatcher, and manager of two enhanced 9-1-1 PSAPs, including the City of Minneapolis.
- Worked extensively on the planning off legislative efforts that ultimately led to the implementation of the Minneapolis-St. Paul Metro Radio Board and regional 800 MHz trunked radio system
- Authored the book “Ick, I Hate Technical Stuff”, which explains public safety communications technologies in a somewhat humorous vein to a non technical PSAP audience
- Served as an Expert Witness in dozens of emergency communications matters in both civil and criminal courts
- After retirement he went on to be a co-owner of GeoComm where he had a leadership role in beta testing the first functional of wireless Phase II demonstration in 1998 and the first implementation in 2002
- Invited to serve on GeoComm’s Board of Directors in 2013 when GeoComm was acquired by Granite Equity Partners where he is still an active member and advisor
#GeoCommThanksYou Paul for your dedication to the development of the 9-1-1 industry.
Extend your Congratulations to Paul by leaving a comment below.by | June 18, 2018