GIS data development, accuracy, and maintenance is vital in an NG9-1-1 system. Recognizing that all NG9-1-1 GIS readiness can be overwhelming we developed a 2016 webinar series focused on how you will be interacting with the GIS data. Select from the list of webinars below to watch a recording of the webinar or webinars that are most beneficial to you.
Webinar #1: NG9-1-1 GIS Essentials for the Proactive GIS Professional This webinar focused on NG9-1-1 GIS planning, implementation, and best practices, highlighting the prevalent role GIS plays in NG9-1-1 systems.
- GIS and public safety NG9-1-1 collaboration
- GIS data assessments and enhancements needed in NG9-1-1 systems
- Common approaches to on-going GIS quality and maintenance
- Best practices for Assessing, Improving, and Maintaining GIS data in a NG9-1-1 system
Webinar #2: NG9-1-1 GIS Essentials for the Proactive 9-1-1 Professional This actionable webinar focused on the steps that public safety and GIS agencies across the country are taking to prepare GIS data for its mission critical role.
- Public safety and GIS personnel collaboration during the NG9-1-1 transition
- Roles and responsibilities when assessing and improving the GIS data
- Common approaches of implementing a successful GIS data maintenance program
- Return on investment that public safety agencies are experiencing during the process of improving their GIS data for NG9-1-1
Specific examples of successful planning and implementation that public safety personnel have experienced at a local, regional, and statewide level
Webinar #3: Today is the day…Is your GIS data ready for NG9-1-1? Learn about the process of assessing, improving, and maintaining your GIS data for its mission critical role in NG9-1-1. Hear about specific examples where GIS map data improvement goals were achieved by GIS and public safety through following industry standards and best practices.
Increase your knowledge regarding:
- Gaining stakeholder buy-in
- Steps to assess NG9-1-1 GIS readiness and develop a GIS data improvement plan
- Improving your GIS data and how the improvements will benefit current 9-1-1 operations and eventual NG9-1-1 systems
- Processes for managing ongoing GIS data updates at the local, regional, and statewide level