Location Validation Function
In NG9-1-1, the Location Validation Function (LVF) ensures that a civic address can be used to properly route a 9-1-1 call to the correct PSAP. GeoLynx Spatial Router LVF performs NG9-1-1 i3 location validation in place of or alongside legacy 9-1-1 MSAG style validation. GeoLynx Spatial Router supports LVF using site and/or structure layers and also address ranged road centerline layers.
In i3 networks, Master Street Address Guide (MSAG) will eventually be replaced with a GIS based LVF. Before civic address locations are entered or updated in a Location Information Service (LIS), the address records must be validated to ensure they are adequate for routing dispatch. This is accomplished by locating the civic address in the authoritative GIS database for the service area.
GeoLynx Spatial Router ECRF is an Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) 5222 compliant Location-to-Service Translation (LoST) server providing the NENA i3 standard Emergency Call Routing Function (ECRF) required for NG9-1-1 systems. GeoLynx Spatial Router ECRF can be used in an NG9-1-1 system as the primary location-based routing element in an Emergency Services IP Network (ESINet). Thanks to NENA standards it works with any vendor, make, and model of NG9-1-1 compliant Emergency Services Routing Proxy (ESRP) and PSAP equipment.
For call routing, GeoLynx Spatial Router ECRF compares the location of the calling device to the provisioned GIS data to determine the correct PSAP a call should be routed to. Caller locations can be geodetic coordinates such as latitude/longitude point, polygon, circle, ellipse, arcband, or a civic address.
GeoLynx Spatial Router also includes many advanced features such as the ability for authorized users to make ad-hoc routing boundary changes when call routing needs to be changed quickly, such as during a wide scale man made or natural disaster.
In addition, patent-pending GeoLynx Spatial Router technology supports NENA 71-001 additional location information and can be used to discover building: owner, tenant, contact, alarm status, network cameras, and more; meeting and exceeding industry standards.
GeoLynx Spatial Router has been tested for interoperability with other vendor systems at NENA Industry Collaboration Events (ICE1, ICE2, ICE3, ICE4, ICE6, and ICE8).
- Provides NENA i3 LVF for NG9-1-1 ESInets
- Ensures seamless integration with your existing GIS enterprise via multiple GIS data provisioning mechanisms including Esri geodatabase replication
- Part of a complete end-to-end NG9-1-1 GIS solution including NG9-1-1 GIS data management, multi-agency GIS data aggregation, ECRF provisioning systems, and tactical GIS display for PSAPs and responders
- IETF 5222 compliant LoST Server providing NENA i3 LVF
- Supports geodetic point, polygon, circle, ellipse, and arc-band locations
- Supports civic locations including building, unit, floor, room, seat, and place type
- NENA i3 specified OGC/WFS LVF GIS data provisioning
- Esri ArcGIS geodatabase replication LVF GIS data provisioning
- Custom Extract Transform Load (ETL) LVF GIS data provisioning
- GIS data auditing tools to ensure synchronization with master GIS files
- Multi-server geo-redundant load balancing for high availability